As mentioned in Chapter 7 of the course text, “marketing involves both the creation and distribution of goods and services” (Stevens, R., & Silver, L. S., 2015, section 7.1: “What is Marketing,” para. 4). Marketing departments should be concerned with customer needs and meeting those needs in the marketplace. The marketing concept for HCOs, therefore, is patient centered. However, marketing concerns within a HCO should not be focused on patients in general, but on patients who are part of a pre-selected market segment (i.e., specific customers with specific needs). To prepare for this discussion, read Chapter 7 of the course text and the Rao (2012) article, “Generating Growth Through Patient-Centered Commercial Strategies.” Then read the scenario below and address the points that follow.
The Happy Valley long-term care director notes that past marketing directors and marketing teams made assumptions concerning patient expectations and offered a limited degree of amenities. However, current research indicates that the baby boomer generation will expect a far greater degree of amenities such as TVs in rooms and private bathrooms. In the future, HCOs and marketing teams will focus on analytical tools to gain a more accurate degree of knowledge concerning patients’ actual expectations and needs. The marketing director for Happy Valley long-term care facility decided to perform a qualitative analysis. The marketing team interviewed patients and their families as a means to determine patient needs and expectations. The outcomes of the analysis provided the marketing team with data that could be applied to the development of marketing objectives and strategies to support the strategic plan.
Patient-centered marketing focuses on knowing what specific patients need and expect. Needs and expectations can vary, based on the type of care (e.g., long-term care, hospice, palliative care, renal care, and physical therapy).
· Discuss why patient-centered marketing is an important aspect of your chosen HCO’s marketing plan.
· Explain how patient-centered marketing would help support the goals of your chosen HCO’s marketing plan.
· Support your claims with citations and references from the course text and at least one scholarly source.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.