My topic is obesity in African American women. Writing Assignment #2
Reflective Annotated Bibliography
Summary of assignment
• Task: The response essay asks you to complete the following:
• Locate five articles on a topic of your choice through UMGC’s
• List each article in alphabetical order in APA format. In other
words, you will list each on as an APA reference.
• Write the following for each article:
o vocabularyorterminologysection o reflection
• Length: 1100-1400 words
• Format: APA
• Sources: Five sources, all of which you should find through UMGC’s OneSearch
More details that explain each of these sections are provided below.
The Four Sections for Each Annotation
Part 1: The Précis: In this section, you will provide a descriptive summary of the material. To observe a video tutorial that takes you through the process of summarizing an article in a descriptive manner, click the following links:
• How to Write an Effective Academic Summary Paragraph
• Academic Summary Example
You will want to include the author’s main claim in the article as well as any sub-claims. In addition, please include the types of evidence the author uses to support this claim, including what data/facts/evidence the author uses to justify the claims of the article. Finally, you will want to mention the interpretations that this author arrives at through the claims and evidence and the points or conclusions she presents. You may use the first-person point of view (“I”) in your précis.
Your précis for each article should be 100-150 words.
Part 2: Vocabulary or Terminology: In this section, you will select key terms that were used in the article or words with which you were unfamiliar. You don’t need to include definitions of these terms; however, you should look up their definitions for your own benefit.
You should come up with 6-8 vocabulary terms for each article.
Part 3: Reflection: In this section, you will describe your opinion about what the author has stated in the article. Please state whether you agree, disagree, or agree on some points and disagree on others. You can mention any criticisms, questions, or comments you have on the author’s methods of research. In addition, include any unanswered questions you have as a result of having read the article carefully. Include items or concepts that you do not understand, information you would need to have in order to better understand the article, etc. You will, of course, use the first-person point of view (“I”) in this part of the reflective annotated bibliography.
Your reflection section for each article should be 100-150 words.
Part 4: Quotables: In this section, you will insert direct quotations from the article that demonstrate some of the claims the author or authors make. Please include page number(s) where you found the quotes. Moreover, please place quotation marks around the chosen phrase and make sure you cite the phrase verbatim.
Your quotables section for each article should contain 4-8 quotes.
More Resources on Writing an Annotated Bibliography:
• a sample reflective annotated bibliography from a student at John Jay College.
• a worksheet and sample for the reflective annotated bibliography from Mark McBeth,
Associate Professor/Deputy Chair of Writing Programs, English, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.